House cleaning may not be fun – but it definitely doesn’t have to be costly. Of course, leaving it into the hands of a professional cleaning service and cleaning agencies will bring enormous benefits, especially when you are running out of time (for instance, when you have to go through your end of tenancy cleaning).
Domestic cleaning (and this of course includes bathroom and kitchen cleaning as well) can be as inexpensive as you want to – and, in most of the cases, you will find that you can get a sparkly clean home if you know how to do it, if you organize yourself properly and if you use the right products.
What are they and how can you create your own DIY cleaners? We have gathered some inexpensive (and yet extremely efficient) recipes for your bathroom cleaning process – so make sure to read on if you want to learn more about this.
1) For disinfection. Supermarkets are filled with all sorts of products that are meant to disinfect the bathroom area. However, if you want to keep it more natural and if you want to save a lot of money (especially on the long term) you should know that there are easy homemade solutions you can definitely use for this purpose. Here are two of them:
• Mix half a cup of vodka, half a cup of white vinegar, one and a half cups of distilled water (if you don’t have any, you can use boiled and cooled down water) and 20 drops of your favorite essential oils (10 drops of lemon oil and 10 of lavender oil, for example). Mix everything very well together and place it in a spray container. Use it to disinfect areas from your bathroom
– it will smell extremely nice, it is all natural and it is extremely inexpensive, especially since you will use the same disinfectant for a long time now (and the price of the essential oils will definitely pay off in time).
• For a toilet disinfectant, mix one cup of baking soda with about 50 drops of your favorite disinfecting essential oils (there are a lot of blends available out there and they come at very affordable prices). When you want to disinfect the toilet, simply mix 2 tbsp. of this solution with 2 tbsp. of white vinegar and pour all over the surface of the toilet. Scrub using your toilet wand and then flush the toilet – it will look clean, it will be disinfected and it will smell very nice too!
2) If you want to create a mirror and glass cleaner at home, you don’t have to spend a lot of money either. Mix 2 cups of water, 2 tbsp. of white vinegar, 2 tbsp. of rubbing alcohol and a few drops of your favorite essential oil (peppermint for example) and pour everything in a spray container. This works wonders on mirrors and glass surfaces and it will help them regain their shine.
3) If you want to create a tub and tile cleaner, you can do it with items you most likely have in your home already. Mix 3 quarters of a cup of baking soda, 1 quarter of a cup of lemon juice, 3 tbsp. salt, 3 tbsp. dish washing liquid, half a cup of white vinegar and a few drops of essential oil (you can choose whatever type you want – or none at all if you want to) and pour everything in a container with a lid. Use it to scrub your tub and your tiles and they will look absolutely amazing.